Ohio Job Training Opportunities
We can connect you with the training you need to achieve your career goals.
Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, many helpful training services may be available to you.
- Occupational skills (vocational training to earn in-demand skills and certifications)
- On-the-Job Training grant,
- Skill upgrading,
- Job readiness
- Adult Basic Education
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Services for Youth include:
- Tutoring or study skills training;
- Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services;
- Paid and unpaid work experiences (including summer employment opportunities, pre-apprenticeship programs, internships and job shadowing, and on-the-job training opportunities);
- Occupational skills training;
- Education offered concurrently with workforce preparation activities;
- Leadership development opportunities;
- Adult mentoring;
- Entrepreneurial skills training;
- Financial literacy education;
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling;
- Labor market and employment information;
- Activities to prepare youth to transition to post-secondary education and training; and
- Supportive services including access to drug and alcohol abuse counseling, health care, transportation, child care, housing, uniforms and work-related tools, educational testing and reasonable accommodations for youth with disabilities.