We can connect you with the training you need to achieve your career goals.
Through the Workforce Investment Act, many helpful training services are available to you.
- Occupational skills
- Skill upgrading,
- Job readiness
- Adult Basic Education
Workforce Investment Act Services for Youth include:
- Tutoring or study skills training;
- Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services;
- Paid and unpaid work experiences (including summer employment opportunities, pre-apprenticeship programs, internships and job shadowing, and on-the-job training opportunities);
- Occupational skills training;
- Education offered concurrently with workforce preparation activities;
- Leadership development opportunities;
- Adult mentoring;
- Entrepreneurial skills training;
- Financial literacy education;
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling;
- Labor market and employment information;
- Activities to prepare youth to transition to post-secondary education and training; and
- Supportive services including access to drug and alcohol abuse counseling, health care, transportation, child care, housing, uniforms and work-related tools, educational testing and reasonable accommodations for youth with disabilities;
- Follow-up services.