Today's job seekers need to make use of a wide range of job search techniques to reach their career goals.
They say job searching is a full-time job. While finding the perfect job can be a timely and overwhelming process, it doesn't have to be. Use the following tips to maximize your job search efforts:
- Take time to figure out what you are looking for in a job. If you don't know what you want, you'll never find it. Make a specific goal for your job search. Reflect on your skills and abilities, as well as your salary needs and culture of a company.
- Have your job search "tool box" ready. Create a solid resume foundation ready to tailor to each job. Practice your interview skills. Understand the hiring process.
- Be aware of all available job search resources. Don't limit yourself only to online job search engines: utilize social media, networking, recruiters, and staffing agencies, too.
- Manage your time effectively and stay organized. Create a schedule for yourself and dedicate time to focus on your job search. Find a quiet, functional space. Keep a written record of the jobs that you apply to and follow up with each company.
- Stay positive. Job searching is tough. Find the silver lining in your job search. Reach out to your network or support system for help - you do not have to face this difficult time alone.
No workshops are scheduled at this time.