Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
In July 2014, The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was signed into law – superseding the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
With this program, the federal government provides funding to states to provide job training, education, and employment services for unemployed and underemployed workers. These services are brought to you through a network of OhioMeansJobs Employment Centers.
Goals of WIOA include:
- Increase opportunities for individuals, particularly those with barriers to employment
- Provide workers with the skills and credentials to secure and advance employment
- Increase the prosperity of workers and employers
- Increase employment retention and earnings
- Increase the attainment of recognized post-secondary credentials
Helpful links for more information