The Getting Ahead Program
The Getting Ahead program is an 8 week (16 meeting) class for hard-working people who want to make life better.
During each Getting Ahead class you will take a look at your current situation and the community issues that play a role in your life and the resources that you already have and how to use these resources to make the life changes you want. You will also learn new concepts and tools and build new relationships that you can use to make a difference in your own life and that of your community.
So, if you are:
- Someone who wants to change your current life circumstances
- Someone who has tried to change your circumstances on your own and has not had success
- Someone who is willing to partner with middle class individuals and organizations
- Someone who is not currently in a crisis situation
- Able to commit to attending all 16 classes of an 8 week program
- Willing to follow the group rules
- Willing to participate in the nightly workshop activities
- Willing to complete all activities in the Getting Ahead workbook
Then Getting Ahead might be for you!
* * * * *
12-15 people who apply for the program will be selected to participate during each 8 week session. If you are selected (after an application & interview process) to join the Getting Ahead class, the following will be provided to assist you in attending all 16 classes:
- Transportation to & from class
- A meal before each class
- A $25 gift card at the completion of class
* * * * *
If you are interested and ready to change your life,
please call Bonnie Ristau at 740-972-4049 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be found at www.delawarestep.org.